Parents & Guardians
If your child is going to visit Hardelot, find everything you need to know about how to prepare for the visit here. It may be the first time your child goes on a school trip abroad and we are here to put your mind at ease.
Health and Safety
At Hardelot the safety and security of the groups visiting is paramount. We take great care that we comply with Health and Safety regulations on both sides of the Channel and we are regularly inspected by local authorities in Kent and France.
Please read our Health and Safety page to find out more.
What to pack
- At least one towel and toiletries.
- The Centre is fitted with French plugs, so adaptors are needed for hair-dryers etc.
- Enough clothing for your stay. Please bring long sleeved clothes and trousers for playing in the woods.
- Wet weather gear and suitable outdoor shoes, as well as slippers (as shoes must be removed in the accommodation block).
- Some euros for pocket money (please check with your school on guidelines for this).
If you urgently need to contact your child you can contact the centre by phone on 0033321321671
We are on twitter @HardelotCentre and Instagram @HardelotCentre. If your school is on twitter you may be able to follow what is going on through tweets. We would love to hear from you about your child’s experience.
Plan your packing by taking a look at the local weather forecast
Keep in touch
Let us know how it went! We would love to know how the Hardelot experience was for both your child and yourself! Did the visit live up to your child’s expectations? Please fill out our Friends of Hardelot form to let us know.